The RNAO healthy work environments (HWE) best practice guidelines (BPG) are designed to support health-care organizations in creating and sustaining positive work environments. A HWE is a practice setting that maximizes the health and well-being of staff members, quality patient outcomes and organizational and system performance. The LTC Toolkit contains the RNAO HWE BPGs related to developing and sustaining nursing leadership and preventing and managing violence in the workplace.
The resources/tools for the HWE topics are grouped into the following categories:
- RNAO Best Practice Guidelines
- Other Related/Supporting RNAO Best Practice Guidelines
- College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) Practice Standards and Guidelines
- Applicable Legislation and Regulations
- Other Practice Standards and Guidelines
- Organizational Assessment, Implementation and Evaluation
- Program Planning, Implementation and Evaluation
- Policies and Procedures
- Education and Teaching resources/tools
- Other Supporting resources/tools
- Related Websites/Organizations
- Balancing Complexities and Managing Priorities
- Building Relationships and Trust
- Collaborative practice
- Creating a Culture that Supports Knowledge Development and Integration
- Creating an Empowering Work Environment
- Leading and Sustaining Change
- Organizational Supports
- Personal Development Resources
- Risk Assessment
- Workplace Safety
The HWE BPG topics included are listed in the navigation pane on the right side of the webpage. Hover your cursor over the BPG topic name to read a description. Click on the BPG topic name to open the page.
When you open the BPG topic page there is a navigation bar that contains a drop down list of the resource categories.
- To open the drop down list, click on the downward arrow.
- To select one of the resource categories, click on the category name.
- To display a specific number of items per page, click on the downward arrow and select the number you wish to display.
- To display all resources, click all in the dialogue box. Click on apply to display the resources.
- To open the resource/tool, click on the name.
- To read a brief description of the resource/tool, click on the + sign to show the description.
Finding a Resource
Use the SEARCH feature located in the top right corner of the webpage to look for a specific resource/tool.
Program Planning & Evaluation
Resources/tools to support program planning, implementation, evaluation and quality improvement for all BPG topics are located in the Program Planning & Evaluation section accessed through the navigation bar at the top of the webpage.